Monday in class: Costumes and Settings, Film Noir
Monday before the screening: The Hitchcock Effect, Portrayals of Conflict Against Authority, Akira Kurosawa
Wednesday in class: Pathos of the Privileged, The 39 Steps to La Nouvelle Vague
Each group will be given 20 minutes to give the class a “tour” of its exhibit. There is no wiggle room for length or assigned dates. The exhibit should be introduced and then each curator should talk about their contribution. You will be evaluating each other’s presentations based on the following criteria (on a scale of 1-5).
For each group:
1. Subject: Was the presentation informative? Did it have a clear focus? Was it well researched?
2. Organization/Clarity: Was it easy to follow? Was there a clear introduction and conclusion? Were the sections of the exhibit clearly linked?
3. Group involvement: Did all members appear to have made equal contributions and equal preparation for the presentation?
4. Overall Impression
For each individual:
1. Subject: Was his/her section informative? Did it have a clear focus? Was it well researched?
2. Organization/Clarity: Was it easy to follow? Was there a clear introduction and conclusion?
3 Delivery: Did the speaker maintain eye contact with all members of the class? Did s/he make effective use of pauses, gestures, change in pace and pitch? Was s/he in control of the sequence, pacing and flow of the presentation? Did s/he make effective use of notes, without relying on them too heavily?
4. Visual aids: Did the speaker make effective use of screenshots and/or video clips?
There will be spaces for constructive comments, and I will collate and distribute all feedback.